Volunteer at the Food Bank
Our volunteer program is currently booked to capacity through July. Due to upcoming upgrades to our fire suppression system in our warehouse, we do not yet have our volunteer schedule for August. Please check back in July for updated information.
Volunteer at a Member Agency
The 150 member agencies of the Food Bank rely on volunteers to meet the needs of their guests. Check out some of the opportunities available and contact them directly to get involved.
Central Falls Food Pantry at Progresso Latino
CFFP currently has the following volunteer opportunities:
- Volunteers needed on Mondays and Wednesdays for the following shifts:
- 8-10 a.m. to help with set up in the pantry
- 10am-1pm to help with food distribution to pantry guests
- 12-2 p.m. to help with clean up in the pantry
- This agency requires that masks be worn at all times while volunteering.
If you are interested in helping out, please email Dominga at email@example.com for more information.
Federal Hill House
Federal Hill House in Providence has two volunteer opportunities currently available at both 35 Swiss Street and 261 Manton Ave:
- Volunteers are needed Tuesday – Friday between the hours of 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. for various tasks including packing bags for distribution to families and stocking shelves (requires ability to lift up to 40 lbs.). Short and longer shifts available!
If you are interested in helping out, please contact Allori Fernandes firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Volunteers must be vaccinated against Covid-19 and wear masks while on site. Spanish-speaking volunteers are also welcome!
Jonnycake Center of Westerly
Jonnycake Center of Westerly has the following opportunities currently available:
- Looking for an opportunity to get out of the house and do some good? The Jonnycake Food Pantry is seeking motivated can-doers to help round out our volunteer staff! Volunteers get to work in a rewarding, supportive environment, and those who work above a minimum number of hours get discounts in our Thrift Store!
Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Community Center
The MLK Center in Newport has several volunteer opportunities:
- Breakfast Chefs – MLK now offers a hot grab & go breakfast every weekday. We’re seeking volunteer chefs to help prepare meals in advance. SafeServ certified preferred, but anyone with the desire & capacity to prepare hearty meals in batches of 50 is welcome. This can be done in the morning or ahead of time.
- Spanish Speaking Food Distribution Volunteers: MLK is expanding our weekly free produce distribution. We are seeking volunteers who are proficient in Spanish to assist clients at these events.
For more information, please contact Nancy Harten via email – NHarten@MLKCCenter.org – or call (401) 846-4828 x103. Or you can complete an online volunteer application form here.
St. Raymond’s Church Food Pantry
St. Raymond’s in Providence currently has the following volunteer opportunities:
- Volunteers needed on Saturday mornings from approximately 8:30-11:30 a.m. The food pantry is open to guests from 9-11 a.m.
- Volunteers needed on Thursday mornings from approximately 9:00-11:00 a.m. to assist with unloading weekly order from the Food Bank
- Duties include selecting and bagging groceries for clients and restocking shelves, and lifting bags, boxes and other food items from a truck and stocking the pantry area.
- Volunteers must be 18 years of age or older
- Volunteers must be able to lift 10-25lbs
- This agency prefers that volunteers be vaccinated. Masks are required at all times in the pantry.
If you are interested in helping out on one or more Thursday or Saturday per month, please contact Jeb Butler at (401) 323-8305.
Volunteer at a Farm
Each spring, our community farms begin accepting volunteers to help prepare the land, plant and harvest. No experience is necessary and all ages are welcome. It’s a great activity for families, schools, businesses and civic groups!
To volunteer at any of our community farms, visit our community farms page here.
To stay informed, please sign up for our eNews.