Join Women Ending Hunger
The volunteer group Women Ending Hunger supports the Food Bank in advancing solutions to the problem of hunger. Some of the hunger-related issues the group has worked on include nutrition education and the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), formerly the Food Stamp Program. Women Ending Hunger members also work to educate the public and advocate around hunger issues.
Past projects include:
- Advocacy concerning issues of childhood nutrition and school meal programs
- Conducting interviews for the Feeding America Hunger Study
- Advocacy regarding the Farm Bill and its impact on the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program
- Participation in the Food Bank’s Speakers’ Bureau
- Volunteer support at events and special programs
New members are welcome. You can join Women Ending Hunger by making a donation online or by completing the membership form and bringing your donation to our next meeting.
Contact Doris Moore at (401) 230-1678 or via email with any questions.