Holiday Meal Drive
November 1 - December 31
The need for food assistance in Rhode Island remains at record high levels. Every month, the Food Bank's network of food pantries and meal sites is serving more than 68,000 people. One in three served is a child under the age of 18.
Here's how you can help the Food Bank collect 350,000 additional pounds of food between November 1 and December 31.
- Drop off donations of non-perishable food any weekday (excluding holidays) between 8 am and 5 pm at the Food Bank, 200 Niantic Avenue, Providence.
- Organize your own food drive in your neighborhood, school, business or organization. We can provide posters and collection bins. For helpful tips, click here.
- Make a financial donation to our Holiday Meal Drive by clicking here. Every dollar you gives enables us to acquire three pounds of healthy food for a family in need.
- Visit our Kids' Page and learn more about how young people can make a difference.
- Attend our Holiday Meal Drive Open House on Saturday, Dec. 7 -- see details below!
Most needed items
Tuna, peanut butter, canned and dried beans, canned soups and stews, canned fruits and vegetables, nutritious breakfast cereals, whole wheat pasta, brown rice, boxed macaroni & cheese, granola bars, and tomato sauce.
Holiday Meal Drive Open House
Saturday, December 7, 9 am to Noon
Rhode Island Community Food Bank, 200 Niantic Avenue, Providence
Bring the whole family for a festive and heart-warming event at the Food Bank.
On this special day, all ages are invited to drop off donations of non-perishable food and join in the work of the Food Bank, with hands-on sorting and packaging of food for families in need.
Entertainment will be provided by the a capella group, Voices of Christmas (pictured below), and local teen singing sensation Emeline Easton (pictured right), along with an appearance by the new Miss Rhode Island Teen USA.
There will be activities for the whole family, including tours of the Food Bank, a scavenger hunt, a make-your-own donation box activity, and hot chocolate and cookies prepared by our Community Kitchen.
Remember to bring your donations of our most-needed items (see list above or click here for a complete list).
For more information on the Holiday Meal Drive Open House, call 401-230-1674 or email email@example.com.
Many thanks to our event sponsors, Unilever and CVS/Caremark.