What Can You Do?
September is Hunger Action Month. Side by side with hunger relief agencies across the country, the Rhode Island Community Food Bank is urging the public to respond to the issue of hunger in a very personal way.
As a member of Feeding America, the national network of food banks, we know that hunger affects communities across the United States. In Rhode Island, our network of emergency food programs now feeds more than 63,000 people every month. One in three is a child under the age of 18.
We need everyone's help if we are to continue distributing 10 million pounds of food each year. Here are just a few ideas:
- Get your workplace involved! One Company Can is a booklet of best practices for businesses and organizations that want to run a food or fund drive.
- Get your family involved! One Kid Can! is 20-page booklet filled with ideas, tools and information to help children of all ages make a difference in the lives of those who are having a hard time getting enough healthy food for their families.
- Tell us your story. Do you support the Food Bank? Have you received food assistance? Do you volunteer? Tell us why. Your voice matters.
- Advocate for hungry Rhode Islanders.
- Organize a benefit event for the Food Bank.
- Join Women Ending Hunger.
- Donate to help ensure that no Rhode Islander goes hungry.
Thank you for pitching in to keep food on the table for your fellow Rhode Islanders.